Hakutaku was born to help organisations during the COVID pandemic. We are knowledgeable about technology, and our goal is to be a force for good, to improve the lives of our partners, suppliers, customers, and ultimately, the world.
As a tech for good company, we seek to imbue purpose in all the work we do.
This purpose drives the projects we undertake.
Sustainability & Environment
We take sustainability very seriously, and share the ethos behind the UN Sustainable Development Goals. As the world is in the middle of a Climate Emergency, we take our role in climate change seriously. This means that we aim to be carbon neutral or better. We plan to do so, among other things, by:
- Utilising a portion of our profits to go back into Carbon Negative Projects. We currently partner with Ecologi which aids us in this process.
- We use Carbon Neutral data centers for digital projects we host, thanks to our partnership with Google Cloud Platform.
- Any paper products we produce are always either from FSC sustainably managed forests, or 100% recycled.
- When we are finished with physical products, we recycle or reuse, and always dispose of them in a way that is considered.
- We only use renewable energy, where possible, and look to offset any emissions we do make.
- E-waste such as electronics and batteries are disposed of correctly.
- We aim to produce zero waste to landfill / ocean, and are currently working on a way to track such waste for remote workers.